Title: Plumbing Mechanic Helper
Our client is the largest commercial and industrial mechanical contractors in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, our client has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today the company delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Summary of Position:
Will provide assistance to Plumbing Mechanic by using, supplying or holding materials or tools. Will ensure work area, tools and equipment are clean.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Measure, cut and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe as directed.
- Assist plumber in layout, assembly and installation of piping for air, ammonia, gas and water systems.
- Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings or assemblies to tanks, pumps or systems using hand tools.
- Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required (Completion of trade/technical school or other apprenticeship programs is helpful)
- Minimum of 1-3 years prior work experience as a plumber's helper in commercial or light industrial settings is necessary
- Ability to use power tools and equipment commonly used in the construction trade in a safe manner is required