Title: Project Manager
Our client is passionate about inspiring progress around the world. They advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Their employees and brands work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. They are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Our client has a new exciting opportunity to join their organization as a Project Manager. As a Project Manager, you will manage all aspects of mechanical contracting projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. You will also be responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of Turnkey Mechanical and Energy Services projects and accountable for assigned project’s scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examine and review contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Establish an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Create and revise project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Support the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposals.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
Location: Wilmington MA (Will be covering parts of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island)
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of ten (10) years' of HVAC project management experience (Applied Projects) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Controls experience is preferred but not required
- Large scale Applied Project experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple technicians, engineers, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally (at least 25% travel required)
Questions Candidates are to answer:
• Tell me about the size ($) and types of projects (mech, ddc, esco) you have run?
• Tell me about the types of customers you have done projects for?
• Tell me about the mechanical projects you have run (type of equipment, soup to nuts, change orders, running budgets etc)?
• Tell me about your projects and where they have come in budget wise (any over and why) cost overruns?
• Have you managed or mentoried other PM’s….tell me about that?
• Give me a general overview of your day and what it looks like?
• Tell us about a major projection on job side how you handled it and the outcome?