Our client is passionate about inspiring progress around the world. They advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Their employees and brands work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. They are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Responsible for the equipment portion of various projects including validating the equipment selection, pricing, discounts, and submittal processes of the equipment portion of projects as required, from beginning to end, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with limited resources. Accountable for the strategy and performance achievement of the specific budget objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Responsible for the optimization/validation of the equipment to include selection of size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. of the HVAC equipment by reviewing the plans, specifications, original estimate and proposal.
· Responsible for evaluating possible cost savings and/or cost problems that will occur on various projects.
· Validates project scope by reviewing transition documents, plans and specs; listing possible cost savings and problems; planning EQ/ VPP dollar breaks; and validating quantities and configurations.
· Supports sales and develops preliminary submittals and/or final submittals as required.
· Responsible for preparing the correct equipment for order entry.
· Maintains competitive advantage and stays abreast of industry trends.
· Maintains job-related supplied inventory by recording quantities required.
· Optimizes expenses by negotiating prices with vendors for materials.
· Verifies equipment pricing and revising coordination worksheet.
· Validates outside equipment and service purchase prices.
· Obtains discounts and enters discounts into LYNX.
· Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
· Obtains and validates vendor submittals.
· Responsible for holding job cost consensus meeting and submittal release and makes any necessary changes.
· Generates and distributes final submittal.
· Modifies equipment pricing as necessary and reconciles job costs as necessary.
· Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
Location: Columbia SC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Construction or Engineering Technology, or other related areas;
At least 1to 3 years of experience in the HVAC industry performing project management or estimating roles; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Windows/ Microsoft Office product knowledge. Familiarity with HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls preferred.
Questions Candidates are to answer:
- Tell me about the types of HVAC equipment that you have validated?
Tell me about your experience developing scope of work for projects and what has been the size of the project?
Tell me about your experience with developing submittals?
Tell me about the types of customers you have done projects for?
Tell me about your experience with preparing the job before it handed off to the Project Manager?