Title: Service Manager
Our client is a well-established Industrial Refrigeration service company in the New England market. Our client has provided a variety of services including: system designing, energy studies, performance evaluations, and system and equipment maintenance to the commercial and industrial HVAC/R industry for over 20 years. Working predominately in the food/beverage, pharmaceutical, and process industries, our client prides itself on delivering excellence to their customers efficiently and effectively. Currently, this company is seeking a Service Manager.
As the Service Manager, you will responsible for leading a multimillion-dollar service business directing industrial refrigeration service for ongoing service agreements and emergency service work within the Northeast region. The Service Manager manages all aspects of the projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading, motivating and developing team members.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
• Accountable for the strategy and performance achievement of company objectives.
• Responsible for all aspects of planning for ongoing service contracts, maintenance, and emergency service needs, including work orders, change requests, etc.
• Responsible for customer satisfaction and department performance.
• Partners closely with Sales, Engineering, and Project Management on the strategy and achievement of revenue and operating income targets.
• Assesses Service talent for current and future business needs.
• Drafts and maintains service and preventative maintenance contracts.
• Functions as the primary interface between the customer, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal expertise surrounding all service activities.
• Facilitates invoicing and payments by verifying and approving project-related materials. • Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
• Maintains quality standards by supervising staff, making recommendations for hiring/terminating staff to the Director of Service Operations.
• Conducts performance appraisals in concert with Director of Service Operations to recommend raises, promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
• Manages performance by monitoring service personnel effectiveness and efficiency in relation to customer service and operating plan goals.
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
• Lead scheduling, organizing, and dispatching Field Technicians.
• Quote service work to customers, work on scheduling repairs in a timely manner.
• Champion service module of ERP (Jonas) and maximize efficiencies through interrogation and analysis of key data.
• Other tasks may be assigned.
Location: Andover, MA
• Experience leading in a technical environment (HVAC/industrial refrigeration) is strongly preferred.
• Must be a proactive leader with a proven track record of leading, developing and coaching employees.
• Strong business acumen including a solid understanding of service contracts, an eye for detail and superior customer service skills.
• Possesses a high level of initiative coupled with the intuition to make sound decisions quickly.
• Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic ERP navigation skills
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
• Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; detail oriented organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple objectives and properly prioritize workload
NOTE: This job description covers the major purpose and responsibilities (functions) of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Associates may receive other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.