Job Title: Service Manager
Our client is a well-known Commercial HVAC/R provider in the New York City market. Collectively, this locally-owned company brings decades of experience to each and every project. This company prides themselves on understanding their client’s needs and executing quality work in a timely and efficient manner. Our client is looking for an experienced Refrigeration Service Manager to join their growing team! This Refrigeration Service Manager will be responsible for managing high priority and cost facility management work orders for clients. The Service Manager oversees field operations (scheduling, transportation, dispatching, field support and equipment) and directs technicians to install, fix, and maintain commercial units. This role requires positive communication and collaboration with Account Managers and Technicians to ensure that our client meets its goals of delivering a prompt, professional, and quality service.
Responsibilities Include, But Aren’t Limited to:
- Manage12 field technicians, 2 Lead technicians and supervise in house operations staff; provide necessary day-to-day support, and directives. Monitors quality of work, and assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Attend preliminary project site walks and kick-off meetings.
- Effectively estimate project man hours for services and coordinate with technicians, and personnel to decrease downtime during jobs.
- Review estimates, pricing and wording, so that estimators can become more accurate and streamlined in developing quotes.
- Provide cost-effective solutions for transportation, service, parts, and labor
- Monitor and schedule labor and act as a point of contact for field technicians, and an escalation point for clients.
- Resolve all day-to-day job site issues, customer, and staffing issues as they may arise.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train technicians and dispatchers; plan, assign, and direct work; review performance; reward and discipline staff; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Lead toolbox meetings and ensure that technicians are up to date in training, safety (PPE), technology, methods, and standards.
- Perform client site visits regularly to inspect work progress status, resolve field issues, lead repairs, and/or ensure quality service.
- Provide refrigeration product maintenance services as needed.
- Use of tools, equipment, and materials properly and provide quality workmanship on all jobs and sites.
- Provide information to customers about the client’s products, services, parts and labor.
- Address inquiries, troubleshoot, and resolve all customer product issues and concerns.
- Document and update all files for customer accounts and records, including, correspondence, discussions, meetings, requests, etc.
- Oversees the company’s fleet of vehicles and other field equipment; develops and implements a maintenance repair program for all vehicles and other field equipment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial, supermarket or rack system experience
- Preferred but not required Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Experience growing a service department
- Commitment to excellence and displays a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ideal experience with Supermarkets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to review and interpret construction drawings, layouts and designs
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Self-starter experienced in managing volume, tight deadlines; priorities and workflow
- Proficient in MS Office, and adept in using computer systems, and CAD software
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Versatile, flexible and a willingness to work within a constantly changing environment
- Physical stamina
- Driving (Clean Record)
- Lifting 50 lbs.+
- Ladder Safety
- Use of power and electrical tools, and other related equipment
- Ability to pass a drug test
- OSHA 30