Title: Controls Installation Technician
Our client has the expertise to design, install and service HVAC systems and controls, lighting controls, security systems and various industrial controls.
They have the ability to integrate all of their clients building’s controls and security functions into a single workstation. Automated programs allows systems to operate automatically, as programmed, with no operator. Our client has been in business since the 1970's and has been a major player in the controls industry ever since.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to
- Responsible for system startup and troubleshooting systems and terminal unites
- Installs and maintains control cards and devices
- Provide point verification and sequence verification in accordance with engineering documents including IQ reports
- Understand programming, but not required to do it
- Studies system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components
- Inspects system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts
- Installs and maintains control cards and devices such as Temp Sensors, Humidity Sensors, Current Switches, Current Transformers and Differential Pressure Devices at customer sites
Location: 85% of work is in NYC, 15% surrounding area, this is dispatched out of your home, must be able to park company truck at home, will be required to go to office periodtily for training.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an installation controls technician
- Experience installing HVAC DDC/BAS systems, remove and replace previous controls systems
- Ability to remove existing controls systems
- Mount panels, run wiring, conduct systems startup
- Andover Controls / Schneider Electric product knowledge a plus
- Ability to pass background check that includes driving and drug test