Our Client Company is a very distinguished and innovative engineering firm based in the Charlottesville, VA area. The right individual will be outgoing and results-driven with a great mindset for teamwork. With this team you will enjoy working in a place that offers continued professional development, great benefits, creative freedom, and a company culture that is unmatched by its competitors.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Perform duties under the direction of experienced PE
- Master corporate culture and procedures
- Engineer design for electrical, power and lighting systems
- Engineering Calculations of Electrical systems for projects.
- Field work, electrical lighting/ power systems design
- Meet the client’s objectives while maximizing staff efforts and efficiency.
- Territory Covering DC Metro Area as well as northern and southern VA
- Client meeting support
- Local (150 mi) travel to project sites, and client offices
- Construction Admin Support
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience Proficient skills in lighting and power layout
- Experience working with construction trades on side or in FPME professional engineering office
- Understanding of lighting and power calculations
- High motivation to progress in your career
- Fire system alarm knowledge
- Design skills, other low voltage system knowledge
- Experience with existing building renovations/ adaption projects
- Revit savvy, preferably someone that either is well versed in intelligent family development or has a strong desire to learn and be the “go-to” person for that task in Charlottesville.
- Experience in designing some combination of higher ed, K-12, commercial, municipal projects
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Motivation and drive to advance and assume additional responsibilities as they grow within the company, especially someone that is self motivated and is driven by wanting to be part of a team/not let other team members down
- Experience with performing site inspections