Business Development Manager
Our client is backed by more than 75 years of experience, the more than 300 associates at the company national wide, design and deliver comprehensive, timely and cost effective heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC) services, automation systems and facilities solutions in the markets we serve.
Based in our Raleigh, NC office, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with previous experience in proactive sales. The Business Development Manager will be able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Sell maintenance service agreements to new customer prospects.
- Prospect for new clients through effective networking, cold calling and other means. Identify potential clients and key decision makers within a target organization. Sell customized maintenance solutions to the highest level decision makers within targeted organizations.
- Cold call within your assigned market, territory or niche. Aggressively seek out new business opportunities.
- Schedule face to face meetings with key decision makers in target organizations. Begin to build rapport with these individuals.
- Ferret out prospective new and existing client needs, prepare and present solutions designed to address their needs.
- Perform equipment surveys and pricing estimates using approved company software. In partnership with Sales Manager/General Manager plan, prepare and present client proposals, presentations and/or quotes to prospective new or existing clients.
- Forecast sales targets; work to achieve sales goals. Ensure you maintain a constant funnel of sales activity and potential opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services or distribution channels which may lead to sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in pricing the solution and/or service.
- Attend industry functions sponsored by professional associations such as BOMA, IFMA or Chamber of Commerce. Regularly attend meetings, events, conferences, symposium, etc.
- Submit weekly sales activity report to Sales Manager and/or General Manager as requested, expected and needed. Update report to reflect any changes. Ensure all sales data is entered in company’s CRM system.
- Meet and/or achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goal.
Location: Raleigh NC
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of self-generated direct sales experience. Equivalent, demonstrated selling experience may also be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience selling HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Elevator or Fire & Security service contracts
- Strategic Selling Skills
- Executive Level Sales Experience (financial Sale)
- Proven Consultative Selling Skills
- Proven Negotiating Skills
- Exceptional Listening, Writing and Presentation Skills
- Proven Cold Call Prospecting Experience
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Customer Resource Management (CRM) Systems, Strong Internet Search Capabilities
- Ability To Work Within Strong Teams To Support Overall Company Objectives
- Strong Adherence To Company Safety Goals; Must Embrace Company Safety Culture