Title: Service Manager
Our Client is representing most of the preferred products in air distribution and central system equipment. Currently producing over $100 million in revenue, our client is on track to become the area's largest manufacturer representative and distributor of HVAC products in the Philadelphia market! Their experienced sales team is the most knowledgeable, responsive, and professional in the industry. The company implements innovative technology which has challenged the market's existing competitors and fostered their significant growth. They provide comprehensive service for the complete line of equipment that they offer, and have invested their resources in training and certifying their entire staff with today's technology. This commitment and encouragement in continual education provides their clients with the confidence that their team is prepared and qualified to handle any challenging problem or situation! This company provide important services and equipment to manufacturing facilities, laboratories, research and development sites, hospitals, data centers, offices, and more. Our client’s mission is to create exceptional value for their clients, so they express a preference for their equipment on every project. Currently, our client is looking to add a skilled, ambitious, self-starting Service Manager to lead their talented service team!
- Make sure each person in the maintenance and service department is scheduled for work each day based upon the demand as well as required maintenance for the week/month. This will involve working with the dispatcher to fill open maintenance or service calls.
- Communicates daily on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Ensure that technicians order all of the correct parts and materials required for each service call and that those materials/parts have been pulled and/or ordered by purchasing department.
- Be in phone contact with each maintenance and service technician all day every day to provide support and answer questions.
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- Establish and maintains a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Ensure each and every maintenance and service call are complete thoroughly, efficiently and without need for a callback.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Monitors HVAC service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations.
- Review daily service calls & reporting via online call tracker
- 10-20 years’ experience in HVAC trade
- Technical school graduate, college graduate and/or engineering degree
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC codes and regulations
- EPA certification
- Ability to be on-call and commit to nights/weekends as required
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel the Tri-State (PA, NJ, DE) area as needed