Title: HVAC Installer
Our client, a reputable, rapidly growing mechanical contractor in the NYC area, is currently seeking an HVAC installer with the ability to proficiently read design blueprints. The right individual will be dedicated with astute knowledge of all relevant codes and piping design principles. On this team you will enjoy working at a place that offers an entrepreneurial environment, great advancement opportunities, training, and benefits.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Install equipment per manufacturers specifications to honor manufacturers warranties
- Insure all company and site standard procedures and safety policies are followed
- Inspect work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness
- Install and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
Location: Long Island City, NY
- 3 + years of HVAC piping experience
- Technical degree in related field
- Knowledge of VRF and ductless systems (a plus)
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Proficient in all HVAC functional design and installation of ductwork systems
- Proficient understanding of refrigerant, gas and electric, furnaces, heat pumps, troubleshooting and installation of all commercial systems.
- Ability to consult on customer complaints and give solutions that are beneficial for the customer as well as the company
- Ability to read and understand blueprints