Company Description: Our client is one of the leading companies in the Energy Technologies industry that specializes in Greenhouses and Greenhouse environments. This company is highly in tune with the environment and understands, and appreciates, how agriculture can be used to fight against large-scale issues, such as global warming, water pollution, and wildlife extinction. Using innovative technology, our client has taken it upon themselves to design, build, and service greenhouse facilities for the commercial production of plants. These custom facilities are more energy-efficient, and give back to the plants. This rapidly growing organization is looking to welcome an AutoCAD Drafter/Engineer to their growing team! As an AutoCAD Drafter/Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Prepare drawings using computer aided design tools, of systems, parts or equipment from sketches or marked up prints.
- Interpret customer sketches, drawings, and specifications to create layout and detail drawings of agricultural greenhouses
- Discuss project requirements directly with persons for whom the work is being done.
- Recognize discrepancies or errors and seek out alternative solutions for obstacles encountered.
- Thoroughly check design and dimensions of drawings, highlight errors and omissions, and correct drawings
- Maintain CAD drawings and associated files in data management system
Location: Richmond CA
- Associate’s degree or Technical School degree in drafting or equivalent experience. Can be out of school 1-2 years
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, 3D CAD Programs, and 2D CAD Programs
- Highly organized and effective
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills