Our client, a prominent provider of Residential, Light Commercial, and Large Commercial Applied HVAC products, parts, and supplies to independent dealers, is seeking an Inside Sales Associate! . The right individual is self-directed with a focus on customer-centric service. On this team, you will enjoy working at a place that offers great advancement opportunities, training, benefits and more. This is a great opportunity to get your foot-in-the-door with a company that has a large footprint in the region.
· Sells heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies
· Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
· Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
· Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
· Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
· Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
· Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
· Works in the warehouse.
· Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
· Follows direction provided by counter lead (if applicable) and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
· Excellent customer service skills. Ideal candidate will either be from HVAC or even Auto Parts or Plumbing sales background is great.
· Looking for someone with good attitude, strong work ethic, customer service skills, drive. They can teach the rest. This person might also have to work in the warehouse
Practical knowledge of warehouse, data processing, paper flow and operations procedures. Someone who has experience in working with part numbers etc.
· Must have the ability to negotiate transactions on an intra- and inter-company level. Must possess the ability to mediate situations among employees and customers as they arise.
· Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting from 50-75 would require assistance from another employee. Relocation is not offered for this position.