Company Description: Our client is a leading energy company that services the New York City area. This company provides multiple services to its customers, including petroleum, gas, electricity, and building services. They pride themselves on delivering value for all of their customers’ energy needs. Currently, our client is seeking an Estimator to join their service department. As an Estimator, your responsibilities will include:
- Estimating new construction, service, and retrofit projects that range up to $3 million (however, as the department grows, so will the project size)
- Ensure all estimates are submitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for determining competitive and accurate estimates to achieve margin and financial targets
- Draft proposals and RFI’s, ensuring that all requested information - bid forms, bid bonds, insurance information, etc. is included in the bid document
- Organize and manage centralized cost estimating models to ensure current and strategic pricing data is used during proposal development
- Schedule bid reviews with appropriate team members for final approval
- Conduct take-offs of piping, sheet metal, controls, etc
- Represent company at client scope review sessions
- Minimum 5 years' of HVAC Estimating experience
- Ability to conduct take-offs of piping, sheet metal, controls, etc
- Good knowledge of computers, with good skills in Microsoft Office.
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a large number of constituents, both externally and internally
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to continually develop skills through training and education
- Strong desire to grow with the company (advancement opportunities available!)