Title: Counter Sales Associate
Company Description: Our client is a well-known HVAC/R Distributor throughout the state of Ohio and Western, PA. This company is committed to offering their customers the highest-quality, cost-effective HVAC service and solutions to meet their needs. Currently, our client is looking for a Counter Sales Associate to join their team! As a Counter Sales Associate, your responsibilities would be to:
- Sell heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies
- Greet customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
- Display merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
- Read catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Use computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
- Receive payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
- Solicit new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
- Work with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
- Follow direction provided by counter lead (if applicable) and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
Location: Greater Cleveland Market
- 2+ Years’ experience selling HVAC, Plumbing, or Auto parts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.