Title: Controls Technician
Our client is a well-established company that specializes in building design and controls in the Greater Boston, Massachusetts market. They have a great reputation and encourage career growth and positive company culture. They are hiring for controls technicians responsible for startup of building automation systems as well as service troubleshooting at commercial customer sites. This is accomplished by working closely with the engineering department and field electricians and subs to insure a completed project that meets customer’s schedule and requirements.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Develop complex software programs, commissions and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control systems using
- Assist in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoot problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation. Includes coordination with sheet metal, piping and TAB contractor as well as commissioning agent.
- Provide field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software including actual equipment location and configuration network layout and addressing, and sequence of operation.
- Verify the proper input or output signal is present at the controller (0-10vdc, 24vac, 4-zomA). Verifying the end device is operating properly (actuator is modulating, relay energize/de-energize)
- Responsible to conduct functional testing and final project walk
- Customer Service - Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the Customer by focusing on superior customer service and remaining aware of customer’s attitude regarding the project.
- Conducts on-going intense self-study (reading, research, practice) to maintain the highest technical proficiency
Location: Greater Boston Area
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in installing and/or trouble shooting control systems
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems (piping, duct work, and electrical) and understand troubleshooting methods.
- Experience working with DDC system software and excellent Microsoft program skills
- Good communication, customer relation, organization and problem solving skills
- Able to read blueprints and complete documentation and forms
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work in all weather conditions outside a building usually on a roof
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Tim Jensen at Tim@hvacrecruit.com or call directly at 610-380-9063