Title: Chief Estimator
Our client is a well-known, full-service building automation, design-build, and HVAC mechanical contractor, located in Central New Jersey. Servicing predominately the commercial/light industrial markets, this company prides themselves on delivering an array of service all under one company roof. Currently, our client is looking to add a skilled Chief Estimator to their team! As a Chief Estimator, your responsibilities include:
- Ideally have knowledge of HVAC Mechanical and Controls systems
- Overseeing a team of 2 other Estimators
- Checking, training, and assisting the other Estimators when needed
- Responsible for identifying possible cost-saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Maintaining a competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
- Developing the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Optimizing job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials/services.
- Documenting work by maintaining files for each job.
- Creating detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list.
- Analyzing blueprints & other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials & labor estimates.
- Conferring with engineers, architects, owners, contractors & subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consulting with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss & formulate estimates & resolve problems.
Location: South Amboy, NJ
- 5+ years of experience as an HVAC Controls Estimator (mechanical knowledge is a plus, but not required)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents - including blueprints
- Ability to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and groups using innovative techniques
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems
- Exceptional leadership and teamwork skills