Title: Counter Sales
Our client has designed and supplied temperature controls systems on thousands of projects for HVAC mechanical contractors for over 25 years. Our client is a supply company in the New York area, and is looking to add a talented Counter Sales professional to their team! This company is known for going above and beyond the average distributor by providing technical assistance to contractors, providing estimations and engineering services, providing field troubleshooting, and much more.
- Sells heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies
- Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
- Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
- Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
- Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
- Follows direction provided by counter lead (if applicable) and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
Location: Long Island City, NY
- Excellent customer service skills
- Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting from 50-75 would require assistance from another employee
- Bilingual highly preferred (Spanish/English)