Title: Commercial HVAC Service Manager
Company Details: Our Client is a self-performing design/build construction firm specializing in healthcare. Their team completes all aspects of the construction process for their customers starting from the planning stages, into design/engineering then physical construction. They specialize in all aspects of the construction phases, including construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, millwork, shielding, and structural, and house departments for each phase. Their mechanical division completes all the HVAC installations for their construction jobs. In addition, they also sell maintenance contracts for the new centers they build. Our client has been expanding each year and currently has about 130 talented employees. Currently, our client is looking to add an ambitious, entrepreneurial Commercial Service Manager to run their HVAC division! The company’s HVAC service division handles approximately 50 centers throughout NJ and NYC. Our client is looking for a go-getting person who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and ready to take on new challenges!
Reports to: General Manager and Vice President
- Make sure each person in the maintenance and service department is scheduled for work each day based upon the demand as well as required maintenance for the week/month. This will involve working with the dispatcher to fill open maintenance or service calls.
- Communicates daily on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Ensure that technicians order all of the correct parts and materials required for each service call and that those materials/parts have been pulled and/or ordered by purchasing department.
- Be in phone contact with each maintenance and service technician all day every day to provide support and answer questions.
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- Establish and maintains a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Ensure each and every maintenance and service call is complete thoroughly, efficiently and without need for a callback.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Monitors HVAC service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations.
- Review daily service calls & reporting via online call tracker
- 15-20 years’ experience in HVAC trade
- Technical school graduate, college graduate and/or engineering degree
- Knowledge of and experience with computers
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC codes and regulations
- EPA certification
- Ability to be on-call and commit to nights/weekends as required
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work in NYC
- Able to repair, adjust, maintain and troubleshoot the following:
- Heat pumps
- Split systems
- Package units
- Ductless splits
- Cooling towers
- Daiken VRV
- Electric motor controls (contactors, starters, relays, disconnects, thermostats, etc.)
- Humidifiers, air cleaners and other HVAC accessories