Title: Mechanical Project Manager
Our Client Company is a very
distinguished and innovative engineering firm. The right individual will be
outgoing and results-driven with a great mindset for teamwork. With this team,
you will enjoy working in a place that offers continued professional development,
great benefits, creative freedom, and a company culture that is unmatched by
Responsibilities Include but are not
& Manage Projects (35%)
- Attend and add value to
weekly Project Manager Meetings.
- Maintain interface with
- Review and meet project
deliverables and schedule.
- Determine project
responsibilities by identifying project phases/deliverables and assigning
personnel to project-specific tasks in order to meet the deliverables.
- Determine project scope by
reviewing project objectives/requirements, proposals and all relevant
- Monitor staff workload to
ensure staff engineers and production staff are working productively and
- Maintain quality and content
control of the project design, drawings and specifications.
- Provide project status
updates and recommend actions for each project design team.
- Establish project budgets by
phase and discipline.
- Meet the allocated hours for
- Maintain project schedule by
monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, sequencing project
elements and resolving problems.
- Control project costs by
reviewing billing, administering sub-consultant contracts and forecasting
- Be familiar with all WIP in
your engineering discipline. Be the client’s advocate.
- Identify and manage
sub-consultants as needed.
- Ensure proper project close
- Review and facilitate
- Apply institutional knowledge
to expedite repetitive company tasks/engineering analysis.
- Maintain company reputation
by complying with company and Code regulations and standards (ex. VUSBC,
- Contribute to cost
estimating and cost estimate reviews.
- Write and review project
- Provide project QA/QC
and Manage Staff (15%)
- Lead the team effort by
providing and distributing information to the staff engineers and
production staff needed and gathered throughout the project in a timely
manner, in order for the project to be efficiently completed.
- Maintain positive working
environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Manage other engineers and
staff in the effective support of WIP.
- Ensure staff engineers and
production staff working productively and efficiently.
- Meet with your direct
reports on a monthly basis to ensure they are meeting expectations.
- Assist in training new and
junior employees in good design practices and 2rw standards.
- Provide input for and
perform employee annual reviews.
- Be the “face” with any
clients or potential clients.
- Establish good relationships
with all potential customers (architects, designers, building owners,
- Build and maintain
relationships with current clients in order to promote recurring
- Oversee business won to
ensure it is completed on budget and on time.
- Represent the company at
trade shows and conferences in your area.
- Identify and understand
emerging opportunities and changes in market trends. Remain ahead of the
- Effectively understand the
client’s needs and develop profitable proposals to meet those needs.
- Attend potential client
meetings as necessary.
- Attend quarterly marketing
- Follow up with Owners and
Architects/Clients on completed projects.
- Update job knowledge by
participating in educational opportunities, reading professional
publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in
- Maintain required
- Min of 5-7 years of design engineer experience
- Working knowledge of building mechanical system
calculations/ design (air, water)
- Ability to provide direction to junior engineers and
- People/ client management skills
- Experience working with construction trades on side or
in FPME professional engineering office
- Experience with existing building renovation/ adaption
- Revit fluency, AutoCAD and SpecLink
- High motivation to progress in your career